Safety – Our Top Priority
At Jazz, safety is never compromised. As our top priority, Jazz’s stellar safety record is maintained through:
- A Safety Management System (SMS). A sophisticated and comprehensive approach to managing risk that involves everyone who works at Jazz, SMS encompasses all aspects of safety, from training to reporting practices, and a dedication to proactively managing all safety functions at every level of the organization. Jazz's implementation of SMS is one of the most innovative of any airline, anywhere, and is closely aligned with our quality management strategy.
- Working closely with Transport Canada and the aviation industry. Canadian aviation safety standards mandated by Transport Canada are among the highest in the world. Jazz participates in numerous regulatory and industry forums to ensure its safety standards are the highest calibre. Examples include the Transport Canada Regional Safety Council, the Canadian Aviation Executives' Safety Network, the National Airlines Council of Canada and others.
- IOSA Registration – Jazz was one of the first IOSA-registered airlines in Canada. Developed by experienced aviation professionals, the International Air Transport Association’s Operational Safety Audit is one of the most stringent safety and quality audit programs in the airline industry, using over 900 international harmonized standards and recommended practices.
Our Corporate Safety Policy
Safety is our top priority and will not be compromised. We will ensure the health, safety and security of employees, customers and the general public.
We will accomplish this through a Safety Management System (SMS), which ensures:
- Appropriate training and education for all employees.
- Internal reporting, hazard identification, risk assessment and evaluation for taking corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
- Immediate actions to eliminate unsafe workplace conditions and improve safety practices.
Employees are responsible to perform their duties in accordance with established health, safety and security policies, procedures, laws and regulations giving consideration to their own safety, the safety of their co-workers and the safety of our customers.